INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM YOUa. Registration information: When you sign up and register with Zapplocal, you are required to provide information such as your name, business name, business address, and mobile number.
b. Business information you update: You can choose to update your business contact numbers, email addresses. You can also provide your business category and your brand identity including your business or brand logo. Moreover, you can also upload images related to your business to the "Gallery".
c. Public business updates: The regular content you upload and share with the public to your "website" via manage.Zapplocal.com using your credentials.
d. Other Information:
i. We receive data about you whenever you use or are running Zapplocal Portal, such as when you send or receive a message, seek analytics, update store information, click on, view or otherwise interact with things. When you post things like photos or videos on Zapplocal, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video.
ii. We receive data from or about the computer, mobile phone, or other devices you use to access Zapplocal Manage-portal, including when multiple users log in from the same device. This may include network and communication information, such as your IP address or mobile phone number, and other information about things like your internet service, operating system, location, the type (including identifiers) of the device or browser you use, or the pages you visit.
PUBLIC INFORMATIONWhen we use the phrase "public information", we mean the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available. By choosing to make it public, we mean, choosing to display certain information on your website. Information you choose to make public
a. Choosing to make your information public is exactly what it sounds like: anyone landing on your website by Zapplocal, either by typing the URL or coming through a search engine result click, will be able to see it.
b. Choosing to make your information public also means that this information:
i. Can be associated with you (i.e., your displayed business name, business address, logo image, featured image, image gallery, URL, page statistics, social sharing links, etc.)
ii. Can show up when someone does a search on Zapplocal or on a public search engine;
iii. Will be accessible to the Zapplocal-linked business directory, applications, and websites; and
iv. Will be accessible to anyone who uses our APIs and internal search.
v. When others share information about you, for instance sharing your website, or sharing a message you have posted on your website, using your social media options, they can also choose to make it public.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE RECEIVEWe use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your subscribed customers or potential customers who might want to subscribe to your website and its contents, our partners, the advertisers that purchase ads on the site, and the developers that build the applications, and websites you use. For example, in addition to helping people see and find things that you do and share, we may use the information we receive about you:
• As part of our efforts to keep Zapplocal products, services and integrations safe and secure;
• To protect Zapplocal' or others' rights or property;
• To make suggestions to you and other users on Zapplocal, such as: suggesting what kind of messages to update or when to update them; and
• For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement. Granting us permission to use your information not only allows us to provide Zapplocal as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways. While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don't share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
• Received your permission;
• Given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
• Removed your name and any other personally identifying information from it.
Of course, for information others share about you, they control how it is shared. We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Typically, information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted. For certain categories of data, we may also tell you about specific data retention practices. We may enable access to public information that has been shared through our services. We may allow service providers to access information so they can help us provide services.
DELETING AND DEACTIVATING YOUR ACCOUNTIf you want to stop using your service with Zapplocal, you can get in touch with us to either deactivate or delete it.
• Deactivate Deactivating your account puts your account on hold. People searching for it online will no longer find it, but we do not delete any of your information. Deactivating an account is the same as you telling us not to delete any information because you might want to reactivate your account at some point in the future.
• Deletion When you delete your account, it is permanently deleted from Zapplocal. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 180 days. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. Certain information is needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account.
In case you have any issues write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org